Names and first names
Origin of the name RICE
Origin & Meanings
- Another form of Rys, Welsh, to rush, a rushing; figuratively, a hero, a brave, impetuous man. The same as Rees.
- (Welsh.) A corruption of Ap Rice, the son of Rice.
- (Welsh.) A contraction of Ap Rice, the son of Rice, which is the same as Rhys or Rhees (see Rhees). Brys, Welsh, haste, quick, lively.
- (Welsh.) A contraction of Ap Reese, the son of Reese, or Rice (which see); so Bevan from Ap Evan, Brice from Ap Rice, etc. Brys, Welsh, agility, quickness; Bresse, local, a small territory in Burgundy, France.
- (Welsh.) A corruption of Ap Owen, the son of Owen, so Price from Ap Rice, and Prichard from Ap Richard.
Map & Statistics