Personal Ancestry Writer II v80 has been released.
A Descent button has been added to the Pedigree window and a Pedigree button to the Descent window:
• If the person in the first (left-most) button in the Pedigree window has partners, clicking on the Descent button will close the Pedigree window and open the Descent window with that person in the large button, the current partner below, and any children of that couple in the buttons to the right.
• If the person in the large button in the Descent window has parents, clicking on the Pedigree button will close the Descent window and open the Pedigree window with that person in the first button and that person’s ancestors in the buttons to the right.
• And so on indefinitely until you cancel or you click on the person in the first button to make that person the current person.
• Interconnecting the Pedigree and Descent windows in this way will allow you to navigate up and down through a person’s relatives without changing the current person unless you wish to.
• As always, you can see a popup of vital events for any person in the Pedigree or Descent window by holding down the option key and moving the cursor over that person’s button.
A Print Family button has been added to the Descent window:
• If the person in the large button has a partner, clicking on the Print Family button will print a standard family group sheet for the that couple. If that couple has children and any of those children have one or more partners, you can also choose to print family group sheets for those children. You can also choose to print notes following each family group sheet printed.
• To save paper when printing, the Print dialog box in OS X allows you to choose Save as PDF in the PDF popup menu. The resulting PDF file can be opened in Preview or Adobe Reader. When you’re happy with the results, you can print from the PDF. It’s also possible to do something similar in OS 9.
The Pedigree window which is displayed when tagging or writing a lineage has been modified:
• The window’s features have been limited to the selection of the ancestor of the lineage.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up