Pocket Genealogist 3.10 has been released.
• Added Smartphone (non-touchscreen) support. Windows Mobile 5 or 6 only with devices that have 240×320 or 320×240 screens.
• Much better support for the use of PocketPC’s without a stylus : menu’s at the bottom of each screen to perform actions that previously required a stylus ; support for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 “soft key” hardware buttons for use with the new menus ; much better support of the 5-way Directional Pad (D-Pad) button.
• Better Windows Mobile 6 support – 320×320 and 480×800 screens support.
• Major redesign of the Event, “Edit Date”, Research List, Notes, and Relationships (TMG only) screens on the device to simplify and clarify use. Minor changes to many other screens and changes for “Square Screen” and PocketPC Landscape devices for better display of the data.
• The Date Calculator now allows you to determine number of years, months and days between two dates. You also can still calculate a 2nd date from a 1st date with the addition/subtraction of years, months and days.
• Reworked “Language Pack” support, Languages are no longer a separate install. Use the “Advanced”, “Options” screen to select which languages get installed to the device. Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese and Swedish updated. Reworked how translations work with the imports and you may find that you don’t have as complete of a translation as with the older versions. (for data related items such as event types).
• Desktop: Change Family Historian V3 imports to allow secondary names and added support for the _PEDI tag. (Requires re-import of your database).
• Desktop: Ancestral Quest 12 “Direct” import changes to better support variations in the AQ database.
• Desktop: On desktop if you enter a V2 registration code, it will give them a message about upgrading from V2 to V3.
• Desktop: Database creation now properly prompts for “Search for files/databases” if the default location has no matches.
• Desktop: Disable “Orphans” button if ActiveSync (or Windows Mobile Device Center on Windows Vista) is not installed.
• Device: Change to how the cursor is set on edit fields if “End of Text” is selected. (old method did not work consistently).
• Desktop/Device: Fix to GEDCOM imports to properly set the birth/death date used for display on the 3-gen screen when more than one birth or death event for an individual. (Requires re-import).
• Device: New “prompt” when adding Field Note Category.
• Device: “Continue Searching?” prompt when doing a “Find by” now occurs less often. It still can be turned off from the “prompts” configuration screen.
• Device: Fixed GPS tab (config) to allow use of the “Test GPS” button when database is locked or no database opened.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up