Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Fix problem adding photos to newly created family file.
• Handle adding picture from remote server.
• Preserve edited fields if screen is rotated while editing individual name.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for iPhone and iPad 2.1.2 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Fix "Include RIN with name" setting bug.
• Include documents, audio and video in AddressView.
• Allow full display/editing of notes in AddressView.
• Fix header background colour for popover selection.
Family Get-To-Gether 1.2.2 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Character sets setting is now supported for GEDCOM import.
• In app main page ‘My Families’, press ‘Menu’ button, and select ‘Import GEDCOM’ option. And then, in ‘Family Files’ page, press ‘Menu’ button, and select ‘Character Set’ option to adjust character set of GEDCOM files to import.
• In member’s ‘Edit Information’ page, separate fields for given & family names are added and new ‘Passed Away’ flag is added to ‘Death’ field.
• Miscellaneous quality enhancements.
GeneaNet for Android 2.12.1 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Minor fixes.
GeneaNet for iPhone & iPad 2.12 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Minor fixes.
GenSmarts 22.214.171.124 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Support for FTM2014, Legacy 8.
• Some minor tweaks so the installation process in Windows 8/8.1 is a bit smoother.
My Family Tree 126.96.36.199 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Minor UI and performance improvements.
• Updated translations.
• Fixed issue upgrading files from some older releases.
RootsMagic 188.8.131.52 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• New: Added menu items under Search to access Named Groups.
• Fixed: Discussions weren't being displayed due to a change in the FamilySearch API.
• Fixed: Searching for a person on FamilySearch by ID wasn't working if entered lowercase.
• Fixed: Change fact type on edit screen no longer allows changing event to an alternate name.
• Fixed: A number of small bugs.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.