Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• All scripts were revised to comply with the latest PHP standards, replacing MySQL queries with PDO queries.
iScrapbook 4.1.1 (Family Pictures - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed a problem where cropped images would lose image effects (e.g. a mask effect) during printing.
Kith and Kin Pro 3.2.2 (Full Featured - Windows - Shareware)
• Bug-fix release.
• Fixes SQL query errors when using a previous query which split field names over two lines.
Second Site 5.1 Build 1 (Web Publishing - Windows - Purchase)
• Changed external exhibit file handling; Second Site now restricts exhibit file names to a small set of characters to avoid issues with accented characters, etc., on some web servers.
• Added support for some Subject variables ([SFATH], [SMOTH]) that were added to the pre-release version of TMG v9 after the release of Second Site v5.1.
RootsMagic for Android 1.01 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Your family tree at your fingertips! Now you can easily take and show off your family history with you wherever you go. RootsMagic lets you carry your genealogy on your Android device!
The Master Genealogist 9 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Citations – You can now add a new source without leaving the Citation screen. If/when you want it, you can still click on the [+] button to add a source using the full power of the Source Definition Screen.
• Citations – There is now a button to preview the source output directly from the Citation screen.
• Add Person – Setups can be saved and loaded.
• Add Multiple People – You can now add shared events (e.g., Census) on the Add Multiple People and Add Family screens, including the role of each participant. To set up a shared event, click on Setup on that screen.
• Add Multiple People – You can now add an Age column with a Birth Date column. If an age and the event date are added for a person, the Birth date will be calculated automatically.
• And much more...
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 10.0 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Mobile-Friendly: No special app is required, but your site will look great and be much easier to use on your mobile device.
• New Designs: Three new templates have been added, and the others have been updated to have more flexible layouts.
• Responsive Design: Many of the standard pages have been restructured to fit better on smaller screens (like phones and tablets).
• New Chart: A vertically-oriented chart of ancestors can now be displayed for each person in your tree.
• Better Navigation: Wherever page numbers are listed, you're now able to enter a specific page number and jump directly to that page.
• Media Uploads: It's now even easier to add photos with captions and link them to individuals.
• And much more...
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.