Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Optimized for iOS 7.
• Bug fixes.
MacFamilyTree 7.1.1 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• New website themes added.
• Bugfixes exporting websites.
• Localization issues fixed in German, Swedish and French.
My Family Tree 22.214.171.124 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Added a small number of style improvements.
• Enhanced date and time input to support using the arrow keys or mouse wheel to quickly scroll through dates and times.
RootsMagic 126.96.36.199 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• New: When selecting ancestors, you can now select the number of generations of ancestors, as well as the number of generations of descendants coming back.
• New: When doing drag and drop you can now select the number of generations of ancestors, as well as the number of generations of descendants coming back.
• Fixed: Some issues when selecting people by genetic lines (mtDNA).
• Fixed: The direct descendant list would sometimes show extraneous people when there were cross cousin marriages in the line.
• Fixed: Occasional Access Violation (A/V) errors when copying a fact from RootsMagic to FamilySearch Family Tree.
RootsMapper 1.1 (Mapmaking - Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile - Freeware)
• Switched from Google Geocoding Service to FamilySearch Place Authority for significant speed increase.
• Added photos to person cards (hover the icon to view larger size).
• Added delete button to leaf nodes.
• Made lines clickable.
• Made buttons invisible when printing.
• Added 8 generation option.
Transcript 2.4.1 build 97 beta (Transcriptions & Indexes - Windows - Freeware)
• Fix: Crash when canceling scanning an image.
• Fix: Uncommon crash when main window is not active and checking whether we need to resume an paused timer.
• Fix: Detect pdf files where the pdf extension is not all lowercase.
• Improved detection of jpeg files with tiff extension.
• Several bugfixes and a few extra safety checks in the image loading code and also recognize more types of tiff images.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.