Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Descendant Dropline Chart: If you asked for all boxes on a generation to be the same size, AQ actually only made the boxes for a given family to be the same size. Now it makes all boxes for all families on that generation to be the same size.
• Descendant Dropline Chart: If a descendant had children, but no spouse, the grouping of child boxes were not placed on the chart in the proper position. Fixed.
• Notes Screen: In build 7, a change was made to keep the Notes screen from getting locked into full screen mode. A random situation was discovered that could still temporarily cause this. Fixed.
• Combine/Merge: FamilySearch has requested that users no longer use commercial programs such as AQ to combine records in nFS, but rather to use the Merge of Family Tree. AQ will no longer allow combines, but will still help you identify duplicates, and set up the Family Tree merge screen, so all you have to do is click the 'Merge' button (or equivalent) in Family Tree. (Note: Eventually FamilySearch will allow AQ to actually do the Merge.)
GedStar Pro 4.4.5 (Other Tools - Windows - Purchase)
• Fix conversion of latitude/longitude data in TMG databases.
Internet Genealogy Magazine 4.9.10 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Read whilst downloading (iPad 2, iPad Mini, New iPad, iPhone 4+)
• Faster browsing.
• Performance and stability improvements.
• Improved design, navigation and layout.
• iOS6 full screen video and orientation fix.
LTools 1.3.33 (Other Tools - Windows - Freeware)
• Update online Help for View/Run dialogs and Data Bridge Event dialog - resolved.
• Event Template dialog data not loaded or saved in Data Bridge - resolved.
• Bad URL for Data Source "Ancestry.com - SSDI" in Data Bridge - resolved.
MacFamilyTree 6.3.7 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Chinese Localization fixed.
• Bugfixes for Media Gallery.
• Further bugfixes.
Reunion for iPad 2.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Optimized graphics for Retina displays.
• Sidebar can be positioned on either side of the screen.
• Search for places and display a list of people whose records include an event with the desired place.
• Use your device's camera to take pictures and link them to people in your family file.
• Link pictures from your device's photo library to people in your family file.
• Support for screen mirroring.
RootsMagic for iPhone and iPad 1.0.1 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Minor Bug Fixes.
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2013 build 130227 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• Improved: Layout of Family Trees section to avoid overlapping trees - particularly on small paper sizes.
The Family Tree of Family for Android 1.7.6 (Mobile - Purchase)
• New types of family trees.
Who Do You Think You Are Magazine 2.0 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Improved user interface.
• Additional navigation.
• More titles from us section which allows user to click thru to related titles.
• Enhanced design for iPhone.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.