The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.1 Update Released
Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.1 has been released.
• Ahnentafel/Register: Some strings including special characters were being displayed incorrectly under UTF• 8 (fixed).
• Albums: When adding media to an album, the image thumbnail was displayed with a fixed, smaller size (fixed).
• Albums: If more than one page of albums existed under Admin/Albums, subsequent pages were unreachable (fixed).
• Citations: New citations could not be added on systems running the latest version of MySQL (fixed).
• Diagnostics: The templateconfig.php file was in the list of files when the permissions were set incorrectly (fixed).
• Help: The Help pages did not use the custom style sheet (fixed).
• Import: The import failed for users with the latest version of MySQL when a citation was encountered (fixed).
• Import: The import was not importing latitude & longitude information in some cases (fixed).
• Mail: The "envelope" feature added in 8.1.0 was preventing some systems froms ending mail, so it was revoked (you can get it back by setting $envelope = true near the top of globallib.php).
• Media: The Admin/Media/Import tab will now be hidden except for administrators (full rights, no tree).
• Pedigree: Thumbnails on the pedigree produced an invalid link wherever the "old" method default photos were used (fixed).
• Relationship: An extra prefix message ($text['ggreat']) was added to support languages in which "great" is different for aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces (vs. grandparents). This was supposed to be in 8.1.0 but was accidentally omitted.
• Repositories: The ID column edit link was incorrect (fixed).
• Search: The Metaphone feature did not include surname prefixes (fixed; requires re• import or re• save of individual records).
• Setup: The Table Creation tab was unreachable (fixed).
• Setup: The tables could not be created on systems running the latest version of MySQL (fixed).
• Users: The default user notification message displayed the username in the wrong place (before "Hello") in some cases (fixed).
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.