The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.0.1
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.0.1 has been released.
• Albums: Album links were not being displayed for living individuals if the user had rights to view living data but was not an administrator (fixed).
• Calendar: Marriages were not showing on the calendar in some cases (fixed).
• Cemeteries: When browsing through headstones for a given cemetery, the tabs at the top would revert to representing all headstones, not just the ones from that cemetery (fixed).
• Cemeteries: Cemetery names containing apostrophes were causing problems with some functions (fixed).
• Cemeteries: When clicking the "Add New" button to add a new country or state, the focus will now be put in the field that appears in the popup.
• Cemeteries: The "Headstones" heading for a cemetery will no longer be shown if no headstones exist.
• Dates: Split or "double" dates that did not include two four-digit dates were not being interpreted correctly (fixed).
• Export: Some fields (like Nickname) were being exported with a "P" at the front (fixed).
• Export: The primary ("default") photo designation was not being exported (fixed).
• Export: Notes exported under UTF-8 would become corrupted if the line was split in the middle of a special character (fixed).
• Families: Some family editing features (adding children, etc.) would not work on some systems, due to the old "relationship" field still being there in the tng_children table (fixed).
• Find: The "Find" dialogue was not showing living individuals if "Show Names for Living" was turned on (fixed).
• Mail: Scripts sending email will now fill the "mail envelope" with the full and correct email of the sender (to prevent spam filters from labeling TNG-based mail as junk).
• Language: The language cookie was not being set when the language was changed from the home page (fixed).
• Media: Images linked to living individuals were showing duplicate "living" notes on the media listing pages (fixed).
• Media: Web links included in the media "Owner/Source" field will now be clickable .
• Media: The media importer was not keeping (fixed). • Media: Users who were "Editors" could not link media to individuals (fixed).
• Media: The ID "container" in the image viewer was changed to "ctrlcontainer" to avoid a conflict with WordPress.
• Media: File names containing UTF-8 special characters were not being correctly represented (fixed).
• Names: UTF-8 names were not being correctly uppercased (fixed).
• Notes: Notes and citations added to custom events (and citations added to notes) were not being saved (fixed).
• PDF: Marriage notes were not showing up on the PDF family group sheet (fixed).
• PDF: The LDS values for "Sealed to Spouse" and "Sealed to Parent" were not showing on the PDF family group sheet (fixed).
• Pedigree: Several minor issues relating to editing individuals and families from the pedigree view were fixed (for example, branches could not be selected).
• Register: Marriage dates & places were being shown twice (fixed).
• Registration: The admin link in the registration email was pointing to the old location (fixed).
• Registration: The link to register for a new account will not appear if you're already logged in.
• Search: A "Reset" button has been added to the individual and family search pages.
• Search: In an effor to thwart spam submissions, a limit of five (5) filled-in fields will now be imposed on the search form. If more than 5 fields are filled in, the search operation will die with the "Sorry" message. This value can be adjusted by changing the $criteria_limit value at the top of searchlib.php.
• Users: "Editors" could not delete people, families or places (fixed).
• Miscellaneous: Many other small bugs related to the v8 upgrade were also fixed.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.