Reunion 9.05 has been released.
New features :
• “Find on this Page” added to note fields, logs, and sources. This makes it easy to find words in long note fields, logs, and the free-form text field of source records.
• Repair multimedia links - a new feature to help you find and resolve broken multimedia links. See the new Repair button in: Reunion -> Preferences / Multimedia / Locations.
• “Paste as Plain Text” - a new menu item for pasting text in notes and logs that will strip text styles and colors from the pasted text.
• Enter source by number. If you’re familiar with your source numbers you can document the source of data even faster.
• Added the ability to search for “married name” in the Index and in the family card search box. Just use a dash before the name in the search box. For example, searching for “-clinton,hil” would find Hillary Clinton, even though her maiden name was Rodham.
• In Sibling popup menus, child status is appended to names of siblings.
• Picture windows - added more zoom choices when Control-clicking a picture window or using the Picture menu.
• Enter Key - fixed a problem with the behavior of this key on certain PowerBook G4s.
• Ages window - Escape key closes the Options sheet.
• Ages window - opening/closing Options sheet properly restores the menu bar.
• Calendar window - the “Living Only” button changes to “Married Only” if Marriage is the selected event.
• Charts - added keyboard shortcuts for making bold and italic text in chart boxes.
• Charts - faster updating when all objects are selected and nudged using arrow keys.
• Charts - fixed some odd behavior with certain fonts.
• Charts - fixed some printing problems when printing to a single page (or creating PDF files) larger than 455 inches.
• Charts - Save Default Text Attributes is working properly.
• Charts - the previous orientation choice for descendant charts is remembered and applied to the next chart you create.
• CSS Web Styles- fixed some minor cosmetic problems and improved compatibility with Firefox and Explorer
• Image Quality- improved the quality of pictures on the family card, reports and web projects.
• Edit Parents window - fixed a cosmetic problem with showing results of edits.
• Editing - fixed a problem with deleting events and facts in the Edit Person and Edit Family windows.
• Family Card - corrected font size of title of a Note field when a non-default font was selected in Field Preferences for the Note field.
• Family Card - refreshed after deleting marked/unmarked people so that text “x marked people” is shown properly.
• Family Card - size of the child area on the family card is saved (this was a problem accidentally introduced in 9.04).
• File -> Save a Copy - “Exact copy” option wasn’t overwriting file of the same name.
• File -> Save a Copy - fixed a problem with the Return Address field in the Report Preferences when using the “Compact Copy” option.
• Find Anything / People searches - searching for hyphen in marriage dates works properly.
• Font Sizes - crossing platforms loses font sizes in prefs.
• GEDCOM Export - fixed sensitive data filtering for event memos.
• GEDCOM Import - added support for cross referenced marriage memos.
• Index - displaying ‘Married Name’ in the Index no longer confuses the ‘Spouse’ column.
• Index - fixed a problem with sorting and searching last names starting with “Mc”. NOTE: you must rebuild the Index to see this change. Choose Reunion -> Preferences / Index and click the Rebuild button.
• Initial Caps - fixed problem where Initial Caps was not applying to short first & middle names.
• List windows - sorting by the “Full Name” column works properly.
• Mailing Address Window - behavior of the Initial Caps and UPPERCASE buttons is no longer tied to Prefix Word settings in the Index Preferences.
• Mailing Address Reports - dividing lines are included when the Include Empty fields button is unchecked.
• Move Fields feature (in Field Preferences window) - added ability to move data to and from the “Misc Event” field.
• Pictures - improved the quality of reduced and cropped images in web output, on the family card, in the Multimedia window, in the Picture window, and in the Print Preview.
• Print Preview - fixed misc. problems with overlapping text, blank pages, page numbering.
• Reports, Register & Ahnentafel - marriage data properly included in narrative.
• Reports - Index and Surname pages in web output no longer force last names to uppercase.
• Reports - Color in notes is output properly in Person Sheets and Family Group Sheets.
• Reports - Color in RTF output no longer “bleeds” from one section to the title of the next section.
• Shortcut - Command+S clicks the Save button in Edit Spouses window and Custom Date window.
• Sibling popup menu - fixed a problem when a person’s parents are married to each other twice.
• Edit Source - fixed occasional crash when saving changes to a source.
• Source List - searching now ignores diacriticals.
• Upgrading - improvements when upgrading family files with extended characters.
• View popup menu in toolbar - Command key equivalents appear in the popup menu.
• Web Output - fixed a problem in notes with empty source reference when sources were not included.
• Web Output - fixed a linking problem with media files linked to sources.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.