PAF Insight 2007.5.16
PAF Insight 2007.5.16 has been released.
• French Translation is included in this version. This will only show if Windows is set to use French.
• Cache is created with IGI searches, making it very fast to redo the search on an individual. Because of this, you can now do a long search, exit PAF Insight, and come back later to update your records, because the search results will appear almost immediately when you do the search again.
• Set your preferences for how long to keep the IGI cache.
• When starting PAF Insight from the Tools menu of PAF, PAF will exit. When PAF Insight is exited, PAF will restart.
• Added to the View menu the ability to view the current file in PAF while running PAF Insight.
• Partial compatibility with extra data put in PAF 5 files by Ancestral Quest and PAF WIZ.
• A warning is given when extra data put in PAF 5 files by Ancestral Quest and PAF WIZ is not preserved.
• You can now use the Find feature for places in Edit Places mode.
• Added Find Next and Find Previous.
• Updated the default window arrangements.
• Added the ability to enable Archiving in Family History Centers
• Date fix, “Not Married” is now recognized as a valid date entry.
• Fixed some problems with selecting places in Edit Places mode, and selecting individuals.
• Fixed some problems with citation merge choices.
• Fixed some display issues.
• Fixed handling of FamilySearch errors so that after several retries PAF Insight will report a failure and go on to the next search.
• Translates most Latin Extended A and Latin Extended B characters into characters that FamilySearch can handle.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.