4 November 2009
GenQueries.com is a free service that provides an online database for genealogy queries for individuals as well as advertisements for societies, professional and amateur genealogy researchers, authors, publishers, genealogy web sites, adoptee searches, and more.
Source & Full Story
19 September 2009
The map was purchased by Alfred John Owen on a trip to England from Australia around 1880. Upon Alfred's death the map passed to his daughter Lyzette Owen, and it remained in possession of the Owen family of Victoria, Australia, from the 1880s until 2007, when it was purchased by MAPCO for display on the MAPCO : Map And Plan Collection Online website.
Use the thumbnail map at the top of each page to navigate your way around the map.
Map Of London 1868
15 September 2009
The toolbar is completely free to download and use and has been developed by Family Historians for use by Family Historians.
Source & Full Story
7 July 2009
The changing story of Britain’s towns and villages can be explored in new depth online, which unites more than 200 years worth of official documents, maps and travel stories.
Its launch provides an e-portal to over 12 million facts about places and lives in Britain. The site includes new-to-view historic boundary maps, a land use survey that helped to defeat Hitler, unemployment and wage records, farm surveys from 1866, the biggest e-library of historic British travel writing and - with pointers for Gordon Brown and his rivals - the results of every Parliamentary election since 1833.
Source & Full Story
24 June 2009
The new family tree templates include more three-, four- and five-generation family trees as well as a free-form unlabeled family tree, two trees with room for as many as eight siblings and a new version of the popular birth and adoptive family tree with room for even more family members. Most of the new trees are in full color, with attractive graphics such as trees, birds and even an acorn theme.
Source & Full Story
17 June 2009
• 10 Best Web Sites for Vital Records - These are the best searchable databases of vital records from health departments, historical societies and state archives.
• 10 Best Web Sites for Storing and Sharing - Sharing your family history just got easier with these Web sites that let you create a family tree, store pictures and more.
• 10 Best Big Web Sites - You're sure to find information about your family in these stellar genealogy Web sites.
• 10 Best Web Sites for Maps - Trace your family's paths, find your ancestors' homes and explore the old country.
• 10 Best Web Sites for Local Searches - You can thank your lucky stars if your ancestors resided in the areas these Web sites cover.
• 10 Best Web Sites for International Searches - Tracking down immigrant ancestors has never been easier.
• 10 Best Cutting-edge Web Sites - Stay informed about the latest technology for genealogists with these sites.
• 10 Best Web Sites for Military Research - Find ancestors who served their country in these databases and archives.
• 10 Best Virtual Library Web Sites - Powerful search tools let you explore great library collections in the comfort of your own home.
• 10 Best Web Sites to See Dead People - Use these sites to find obituaries, cemeteries and other traces of your departed ancestors.
12 May 2009
From 1620 groups of Pilgrims travelled onwards to North America: the 'New World'. There, people still celebrate Thanksgiving Day, in memory of the Pilgrims' ordeals and eventual deliverance. The influence of the Pilgrims on the future United States has been great. Just take the fact that no fewer than seven American Presidents are direct descendants of the Leiden Pilgrims.
3 May 2009
Read "100 Genealogy Resources to Discover Your Ancestry"
29 April 2009
The service can assist those looking for the plots of ancestors, family or friends buried in city-owned cemeteries — Eastview, Oakland and Myrtle Hill.
"We’re one of the first two or three cities to give this feature," said Rome Cemetery Director Stan Rogers.
The information only covers burial records, the cemetery lot number and plot location number. The site can also generate clickable maps of the cemeteries that allow the user to navigate and find the exact placement of the plot.
Eastview and Oakland Cemetery Search
Myrtle Hill Cemetery Search
Source & Full Story
26 April 2009
Created by the Institute of Historical Research and the History of Parliament Trust, British History Online is a digital library containing some of the core printed primary and secondary sources for the medieval and modern history of the British Isles.
A lot of free resources and a full-text search of all the sources in the website!
13 April 2009
From Monday, April 13 through Friday April 17 CultureGrams®, eLibrary®, and SIRS Discoverer® will be freely available at www.proquestk12.com/go/celebrate. CultureGrams®offers concise, reliable, and up-to-date country reports on the cultures of the world—from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. eLibrary® delivers high-quality, high-interest, and highly usable full-text and multimedia content—all via an engaging, contemporary interface. SIRS Discoverer® connects users to a wide range of topics, articles, graphics, and websites editorially selected from more than 1,900 sources worldwide.
Source & Information
9 April 2009
The database will be available in the next several days on straty.pl, and will include the location and circumstances of the victims' death. Families or loved ones will have the option to add to the list of victims.
Officials hope that the database will grow to 4 million names within a year or two.
'Launching such a database is a big event,' historian Wojciech Roszkowski told the daily. 'Up until now, researchers trying to determine the number of victims always hit a wall. They weren't able to determine in various places how many were really died.'
8 April 2009
Our team of experts has collated the photography held on the site from many independent and historic archives, and for the first time you are able to view the exact positions of these photos and see what area they cover on a map. Please note that currently only vertical aerial photographs are offered on the website. Oblique photographs are coming soon.
6 April 2009
- About.com Genealogy (Kimberly Powell)
- Eastman Online Newsletter* (Dick Eastman)
- Genea-Musings (Randy Seaver)
- Creative Gene (Jasia)
- Dear Myrtle (Pat Richely)
- AnceStories (Miriam Midkiff)
- Genealogue (Chris Dunham)
- footnoteMaven (Anonymous)
- Genetic Genealogist (Blaine Bettinger)
- Tracing The Tribe: Jewish Genealogy Blog (Schelly Talalay Dardashti)
- GenaBlogie (Craig Manson)
- Olive Tree Genealogy Blog (Lorine McGinnis Schulze)
- Steve’s Genealogy Blog (Stephen J. Danko)
- 24-7 Family History Circle (Juliana Smith)
- TransylvanianDutch (John Newmark)
- GenDisasters (Stu Beitler)
- Genealogy Insider @ FamilyTree (Diane Hadd)
- Think Genealogy (Mark Tucker)
- California Genealogical Society and Library Blog (California Genealogical Society)
- The Genealogy Guys (George G. Morgan and Drew Smith)
- CanadaGenealogy, or, 'Jane's Your Aunt' (Diane Rogers)
- Ancestry Insider (Anonymous)
- GenealogyBlog (Leland Meitzler)
- Ancestor Search Blog (Kathi)
- Tie Hugh Watkins Genealogue (Hugh Watkins) - It's a tie
- Legacy News (Legacy Tree Software) - It's a tie
1 April 2009
Hundreds of new links are added each day. If you run a genealogy-related website, do contact us and we'll do our best to add the details of your site to our database.
In November 2008 Geneally acquired the former genealogy news site www.rssgenealogy.com, making Geneally.com the best starting point for all matters of interest to family historians.
- Geneanet Weekend 'A Cemetery for Posterity', May 1-3, 2015 - Sharon
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - larry kocik
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - LJA
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Big Tom
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Jean Eichhorn
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Paul Lesassier
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Alton Rogers
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Janice clark
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - Jeri
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Asked PBS To Censor His Slave-Owning Ancestor - C Whisler