Répondre

Decroix

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
lightalma
lightalma
Saisie : Standard
Navigation : Arbre
Voir son arbre

Decroix

Message par lightalma »

:)Hello, I have someone that would have bought or perhaps received a title of Count Decroix in the late 1800s. I am trying to find out if such a title would be given to a rich man owning a tobacco factory in Berlin or, was connected with something thus giving him this Decroix name.
He never uses it. .  . . . except his daughter does put the name on her marriage cert. in 1922, under father's name, Johan Adolph Gronlund Decroix.
Her older sister also uses Decroix as a last name.  The story is that they descended from the Decroix counts and countesses. I just cannot find anything at all. Is there anyway of checking such a thing?
His name was Johan Adolph Gronlund. The decroix was added only by his daughter.
I know this is really a long shot. Somehow he got that name and position. The daughter who became a light scientist used it also as her maiden name. Josephine Decroix Trust. Any ideas or theories would be so appreciated. I have been working on this for 5 years now. :o I wish to say that my sources are reliable, about the name just cannot find anything to  back it up. I do believe they lived in Paris. 1870s to 1875 as well as at times in Berlin Germany.

thanks for reading. I suppose someone may respond who loves a mystery!!      lol.
I really hope someone out there may just have an idea what this is all about.
Dale Leslie
[email protected]
mrcrow2u
male
Saisie : Geneweb
Navigation : Fiche
Voir son arbre

Re : Decroix

Message par mrcrow2u »

After looking up the information you posted it is my guess that the Decroix and Trust names were made up. She was the founder of the Superet Light Doctrine Church. Decroix means of cross in french. My guess is she added Decroix and Trust meaning Trust in the cross. Doing a google search on Josephine Decroix Trust brought up many books and information on her.
lightalma
lightalma
Saisie : Standard
Navigation : Arbre
Voir son arbre

Re : Decroix

Message par lightalma »

Thanks for responding. I know of the Books and am an instructor and member of this Church. This
is why I am writing a biography on her. Her maiden name was Gronlund and she did marry a Henry Trust. Her sister also Gronlund changed her name to Decroix. Trust is authentic. Decroix is the mystery. I just cannot connect. Thanks s for you input and it may well be as you said. Since Johan (her father) was a rich tobacco manufacturer in those years, maybe he received a title or something. He never uses DeCroix on any found documents. Since they lived in Russian Poland in 1869 and with all the invasions by Russia then, it was rumored they bought the name to get out of Russian Poland. But just a rumor.
I have no way really of confirming that. Or maybe it was made up just for that reason.
Thanks
Dale
:)
Répondre

Revenir à « Family History Searches »